Fix HP Printer Carriage Jam
Your HP printer is a vital part of everyday office activities. Sometimes, your printer may experience a carriage jam. The carriage holds the ink cartridges. In the event of a carriage jam, the carriage stalls and the carriage jam error gets displayed on the control panel of the printer. It often happens after a paper jam. If you’re ever faced with an HP Printer Carriage jam issue, you can easily resolve it with a little help.
Steps to Resolve a Carriage Jam in HP Printers
Stuck with a printer carriage jam? Follow these steps when facing this issue.
- Remove any jammed paper from the printer.
– Jammed paper is often the main cause of a carriage jam.
– Remove the jammed paper from the input tray, output tray, the ink cartridge access area, ADF and from under the printer.
– Try to print again. If the error remains as it is, check all the areas again for any remaining paper.
- Remove the ink cartridges and reinstall them.
– Wrongly placed ink cartridges can often lead to carriage jam.
– Raise the ink cartridge access door and let it come at the center
– Release the ink cartridges by lifting the lid on the cartridge slot and push the lid back
– Remove the ink cartridges from the slot.
– Check for any protective tape on the nozzle. Remove if there is any.
– Reinstall the ink cartridges into the slot with the nozzle pointed to the printer.
– Close the lid to set the cartridges in their place.
– If the issue still persists, try to attempt the same process once again.
- Disconnect and reconnect the printer with the power outlet.
– Remove the printer’s power cable from the power outlet.
– Remove the power cable from any surge suppressors.
– Connect the power cable directly to the power outlet.
– Connect the power cable to the printer and turn the printer on.
- Try to reset your printer.
– Disconnect the power cable from the printer and unplug it from the power outlet.
– Wait for one minute and then plug in the power cable back again to the power outlet.
– Connect the power cable to the printer again.
– Turn on the printer and check if it’s working properly.
- If all this does not work out, get your printer serviced.
– If none of the above steps result in the successful resolution of the carriage jam issue, you must get in touch with a professional for proper servicing of your printer.
Get Round-the-Clock Service for Your HP Printer
Achieve complete satisfaction with your printer with our help. Reach out to our 24/7 Printer helpline for your HP printer carriage jam issue. Call us anytime!